Using ConceptDraw PRO (our powerful business graphics software) you can have complete control of how your mind map topics look.
Here is an example of a mind map that uses an image of a 1964 Mustang convertible as a topic type. Add a first level topic and up pops a Mustang! If only it were this easy for Ford to build automobiles.
Download the map here to see how it works.
- The first step is to select a picture or choose one of the 15,000 professionally drawn objects that come with ConceptDraw PRO.
- Place the object or picture on to ConceptDraw’s canvas. Then drag and drop the object on to the topic you want to change, if you want to make a change to all topics at that level in your map drag the object to the 1 o’clock position.
- When you drag the object from ConceptDraw PRO over to the topic that is in place, note the topic behavior in the topic. You will see a yellow rectangle that is divided into 3 boxes.
- Drop the image on to one of the boxes and the image will then be part of the topic.
- The location of the image is determined by the box that you place the image in.
- Drift the cursor a bit to the right or left and there will appear a blue box.
- Drop the image in the blue box and it becomes the topic.
- Click on the topic you have changed.
- From the Format menu, select Map Theme then Apply to Current Level
- Once you have completed all of your modifications, go to the Format menu, and select Map Theme then Save Theme. This new theme can then be applied to any map you build in the future.
- You can modify the topic size, spacing tab, and margins. The topic will increase in size.